September 7, 2011

Gifts

We've started getting the question "where are you registered?" so I thought it might be helpful to post an answer for everyone. You may have already found our registries under the "Gifts" tabs on our website.

When I started attempting to register for gifts, I actually had a really hard time trying to figure what to put on the registry. We've been living together for over 7 years, so you can probably guess we're all set when it comes to blenders, toasters, etc. In addition, we've been doing our best to declutter our house. All of this together made putting together a registry stressful. I didn't want to register for a lot of things we didn't need and have a bunch of kitchen appliances take up our precious storage space.

I thought registering for gifts should be fun and not so stress inducing. So Erik and I talked about some alternatives. We both really loved the idea of a honeymoon registry! Neither of us have traveled overseas (unless you count my trip to Ireland in 1983) and it's something we've really wanted to do together for a long time. Like so many other things though (*cough* this wedding *cough*), we've put it off in the name of practicality. I had to finish grad school, we need to save for a house, etc. I love giving gifts that people wouldn't normally buy for themselves, so I thought sending us on a honeymoon might be something our friends and family would be interested in!

As we talked about our dream honeymoon, we tossed around a couple locations, but really, nothing says romance like Paris, right? So that's where we intend to go next summer on our honeymoon! You can see the registry here.



We had a lot of fun setting up the registry, and picking out some of the things we wanted to do while we're in Paris. There's also an option for you to tell us what you think we should do! As long as it's within reason (no bungee jumping, etc.) we'll do it! Once you reserve a gift, you have a few options. You can contribute through PayPal or print out a certificate to give.

We've also created a smaller, traditional registry at amazon.com. Like I said, there's not too much we need, but I was able to come up with a few things. :) As you probably know, we moved into a house back in May, so gift cards that will help us with home improvement or decorating would be welcomed.


Of course, the most awesome gift is having our friends and family joining us in Las Vegas! We are so thrilled and grateful to have wonderful people to celebrate with.

And now for some silly pictures. Here are some pictures of us opening our very first gift from my cousin Jason, Abbie, and Charlotte Lydon!

Erik closely inspects the package.

I think the blurriness nicely conveys the excitement of opening our first gift.

Very cute prints!


And here are some pictures of our first honeymoon gift from my good friend in the psych department, Lynne Rogers. She contributed toward a romantic dinner in Paris. :)



I'm happy that we have more and more fun wedding activities to do lately! And receiving gifts is super fun!

P.S.--We're 45 days away from the wedding! Wowser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's where you cheer us on.