July 25, 2011

Invitations...

...are in the mail!

(Some of) The invitations!
We worked from 8:00-12:30 Friday night, and most of the day Saturday. Crazy how long this takes. Erik was in charge of the glue gun, the return address, the postage, and assembly. I spent all of that time hand addressing 50 envelopes.

July 22...Erik and the postage.
July 22...Me and the calligraphy pen.
Anyway, I can't say it was the most fun part of the whole process, but it's done! And it feels good. It feels like the wedding is going to be here in no time, and I'm getting more and more excited. :)

Today...Erik at the post office.
I'll post picture of the finished product soon (wouldn't want to "ruin the surprise" for our guests)!

So who's following our progress? Post a comment and make me feel validated. :) And wedding guests, post a comment when you get your invitation! What do you think of our handiwork?

9 comments:

  1. Here's your validation (but only because you asked for it) :) I want to see the invitation design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can sleep tonight now that I have a blog comment AND validation. As for the design, you're gonna have to wait! Hopefully it will be in your mailbox soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely validated, can I stop obsessing over the details now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got the invitation in the mail! I love it and can't wait to send it back. We are still deciding whether it will be just me or the husband and kid too. I will let you know! You guys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! I hope they can make it...Jonah can play the role of Carlos (from the Hangover). But if not I guess I could settle for you you. ;-) jk

    Glad you like the invitations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the invitations! And I love what you've done with this website!! I'm trying really, really, really super hard to be able to make it in October. I'll let you know as soon as I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We agree with above sentiments: The invitations are fabulous! And we are still so thrilled to be invited (MM recognized her name on the envelope and got very excited). As soon as we officially book our tix, the RSVP will be in the mail. (And I think only two of us will be coming to the wedding/reception. Miss Midget will be traveling with, but she's got a hot date with her grandparents in Vegas that weekend. She'll probably be hitting the slots and blackjack table around the same time we are celebrating with you all.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sunde! So excited you can make it. And I hope your little gambler can break away from the slots for a few moments so we can meet her!

    ReplyDelete

Here's where you cheer us on.