June 22, 2011

June/July To Do List

We're 4 months out and I happy to say we're making some progress! As I type this Erik is putting the finishing touches on the invitations and starting to design the response cards! On the left, you can see I've updated our to-do list. Here are the major things we're working on:

Book Hair & Makeup Artist: I've contacted a few people and I think I've settled on one. Just need to sign the contract!

Book Florist: Still trying to decide between two. Close to making a decision.

Book Officiant: I've been playing phone tag with Rev. Linda, but fingers-crossed, we'll finally get to talk tomorrow and discuss our ideas for our ceremony. Hopefully we'll be on the same page...then we can sign the contract!

Finish Registry: You'd think this would be easy, but I'm actually having a really hard time with this one. We definitely want to have it complete by the time invites go out.

Update Website: We'll be adding more details about Thursday and Friday events as well as the registry (once I finish it).

Design Invitations: In progress! So far they look awesome. Erik's doing a great job! It's so nice having a graphic designer at your disposal.

Send Invitations: Hopefully early in July? That could be pushing it though.

Work on Writing the Ceremony: We're really looking forward to customizing our ceremony and making it our own.

Shop for Wedding Rings: Erik will be buying our wedding bands...it's going to be a surprise for me!

Make Dress Fitting Appointments: Self explanatory.

Get Dress Cleaned: Since I bought the dress at Running of the Brides (read all about that here), it's pretty beat up at the moment. Time to get it cleaned.

So that's what we're working on! It's amazing how much time it takes to plan a wedding. I can totally see why people hire wedding planners.

June 21, 2011...Our 8th Anniversary.

P.S....Did you see Southwest is having a fare sale? Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's where you cheer us on.